The 1911 Jig Overview:
The 1911 Phantom Jig consists of three main pieces; 1 cutting “car” and 2 long side plates. Carbides cutters are used to remove the material from the frame, the Phantom Jig is the only jig that makes use of these powerful cutters. The carbide cutters will be used to cut the slide as well as the barrel set in the frame.
The two long side plates serve as a guide for the cutting “car” to do its job. When the frame is installed in between the two side plates, the cutting car is then placed on top of your two longer side plates, at this point, the carbide cutter will be facing towards your 1911 frame side rail. To cut the rail, simply begin by working the carbide cutter back and forth. It's more of a manual task, but it's the best method for cutting these rails. The carbide cutter protrudes slightly and shaves layer after layer until your rail is complete, at that point you would flip the frame over and finish the other side.
BENEFITS OF THE 1911 PHANTOM JIG:
- The quickest way to finish a 1911 frame
- No need for a milling machine
- All necessary drill bits included
- Carbide cutters come installed
- YouTube video tutorials available onlone
- Compatible with all 1911 Stealth Arms frames
- Made in the US (OHIO)
- If using a steel 1911 frame we recommend purchasing some extra carbide cutters as steel is a tough metal than aluminum.
- We recommend every individual to do their own research regarding building your own firearm. We are not lawyers so please educate yourself on your state and local laws.
WARNING: Handling firearms parts and accessories can expose you to lead and other petroleum products known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Shipping of various parts and/or accessories are prohibited to states and locales (ie New Jersey, California, New York, etc…) with restrictions against certain parts and/or accessories or "assault weapons" (i.e. states with high-capacity magazine restrictions, manufacturing of semi-automatic weapons, etc..). It is your responsibility to be aware of your local firearms laws before purchasing from our website or machining a firearm. We try our best to keep our shipping page current, but laws change daily.
GunBuilders.com only ships within the United States. Federal legislation dictates we cannot ship our products internationally.