Reach out and touch targets at 600, 800, even 1,000 meters. That's why we put together this ultra-accurate 20" .308 side-charging AR kit. With a mil-spec 4150 CMV barrel, free-float lightweight handguard, and a crisp single-stage trigger that breaks like glass, this LR-308 will allow you to make shot groups at distances you were never capable of hitting.
This side-charging rifle kit is compatible with virtually all AR-type .308 components, which are now almost exclusively produced for the DPMS Panther Arms LR-308. In short, this kit represents an affordable alternative to buying an expensive ArmaLite AR-10 with equal performance. For an in-depth comparison of the AR-10 and LR-308, read this.
This kit is not a firearm. It includes an assembled upper receiver, bolt carrier group, lower parts kit, and buffer assembly with buttstock.
LR-308 Rifle Kit Features:
- Compatible with all DPMS .308/LR-308 parts
- Features match-grade 416R stainless barrel
- Includes all the parts you need to build an LR-308
- Not considered a firearm, no FFL required
- Upper ships pre-built, ready to fire
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Backed by Lifetime Warranty
.308 Kit Specifications:
- Barrel Length: 20″
- Barrel Profile:Mid-weight
- Gas System: Rifle-length
- Barrel Steel:4150 Chrome moly vanadium
- Barrel Finish:Parkerized
- Chrome Lining: N/A
- Muzzle Thread: 5/8-24
- Chamber: .308 Winchester
- Twist Rate: 1:10
- Diameter at Gas Block: 0.125
- Gas Block Type: Low-profile
- Muzzle Device:A2 "birdcage" style
- Receiver Material: Forged 7075 T6
- Receiver Type: Low-profile w/ Picatinny
- Handguard Type: Custom, super-slim 15” M-Lok
- Bolt Carrier Group Included: Yes
- Bolt Steel: Shot-peened, MPI-tested 9310
- Bolt Carrier Profile: M16 Full-auto
- Charging Handle Included: Yes
Lower receiver not included.
WARNING: Handling firearms parts and accessories can expose you to lead and other petroleum products known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Shipping of various parts and/or accessories are prohibited to states and locales (ie New Jersey, California, New York, etc…) with restrictions against certain parts and/or accessories or "assault weapons" (i.e. states with high-capacity magazine restrictions, manufacturing of semi-automatic weapons, etc..). It is your responsibility to be aware of your local firearms laws before purchasing from our website or machining a firearm. We try our best to keep our shipping page current, but laws change daily.
GunBuilders.com only ships within the United States. Federal legislation dictates we cannot ship our products internationally.